In accordance with public participation plan requirements, Fresno Council of Governments released it’s draft 2020 Public Participation Plan (PPP) for a 45-day public review and comment period from March 3, 2020, through April 17, 2020. The Policy Board also held a public hearing during its regular May 2020 meeting.
Fresno COG publicized public review and comment and the public hearing as follows:
- Fresno Bee public notices published on April 22, 2020, and March 3, 2020
- Vida En El Valle public notices published on April 29, 2020, and March 11, 2020
- “Coming Up At Fresno COG” e-newsletter articles requesting feedback, providing links to the PPP documents, and notification of the public comment period and public hearing were sent out on February 6, March 9, April 16, and May 11 to more than 3,000 subscribers. The average open rate on the e-newsletters is 22 percent.
- The draft document and all public notices were published at fresnocog.org on March 3, 2020, and remain on the Get Involved webpage today
- Notice of the 45-day review period and public hearings were published on TTC, PAC and Policy Board agendas during the months of March, April and May 2020.
The PPP is a plan intended to give Fresno COG’s Policy Board and staff guidance in providing for public involvement and interagency consultation early and often during the regional planning process. It contains policies, guidelines, processes, and procedures Fresno COG commits to implementing while seeking and fostering open public involvement during the decision-making process, regarding all matters within discretion. The PPP also identifies opportunities to be involved in the metropolitan transportation planning process.
All documents are available for review or download at www.fresnocog.org at the links below, or in hard copy at Fresno COG’s offices.
- Fresno COG’s Draft 2020 Public Participation Plan
- Appendix A: Fresno COG’s RTP Public Outreach Strategy and SCS Public Participation Plan
- Appendix B: Fresno COG’s Tribal Consultation Plan